INTERNATIONAL. The “Buyers & Brands Bonanza Month” at the Virtual Travel Retail Expo kicks off Monday, November 1, ushering in a one-month bonus exhibition period during which visitors will have the chance to win a round-trip business class flight to Doha from any Qatar Airways location. worldwide thanks to Diamond Partner Qatar Duty Free.
Award-winning retailer at Hamad International Airport also offers weekly vouchers of US $ 250, drawn from registrants who visit the Virtual Experience Zone at Qatar Duty Free / Hamad International Airport any day and the suites of our exhibitors of the day.
Each November working day, the Moodie Davitt report profiles several exhibitors, showcases their innovations and encourages visits to their respective virtual experience suites.
As a bonus, registration (go to www.VirtualTRExpo.com) is free from now and throughout the bonus month for anyone involved in the travel retail industry. Please note that you cannot access the Expo without registration and all delegates must first be verified as related to the sector and are subject to qualification criteria.
The Virtual Travel Retail Expo platform has been further streamlined with a much faster and improved login process, improved video upload speeds, and continuous navigation improvements.
Our first exhibitors of the day are Diageo Global Travel, duty free in Qatar and a red kite. As mentioned, any Expo attendee visiting these booths enters the Qatar Duty Free and Qatar Airways raffles.
DIAGEO WORLD TRIP
Diageo, owner of a glittering portfolio of brands including Baileys, Crown Royal, Gordon’s, Johnnie Walker, Lagavulin, Smirnoff, Talisker, Tanqueray, Ron Zacapa, The Singleton and many more, plays a key thought leadership role within its Platinum Partner virtual experience. suite and in the Knowledge Hub and Experience Arena sessions which are available “on demand” in the respective rooms.
Or: Exhibition pavilion – Wines, spirits and beers
- Discover the launch of travel retail from Tanqueray 0.0%, an alcohol-free version of one of the world’s favorite gins, via the Diageo Discovery 2030 button in the Diageo sequel or via a big movie in the Experience Arena (On Demand Day 1).
- There are other great videos as well (be sure to double click at the beginning). Pay attention to Diageo Spirit of Progress & 2030 Goals, a powerful synthesis of Diageo’s ten-year program to create a more inclusive, responsible and sustainable world. In ‘Let’s do this’, the company pledges: “Our vision is to make the liquor category the engine of growth within a stronger retail industry.” We will double the size of the category by 2030. We will do this through four pillars of category growth (giveaway, exploration, creation of the moment, balanced choices).
- Visit the Knowledge Hub (On Demand Day 3) to hear from Diageo Asia Pacific and Global Travel President that of Sam Fischer exceptional interview with Martin Moodie; or visit the Experience Arena and discover the majesty of Johnnie Walker’s Experience in Princes Street.
A RED MILAN
Global Travel Retail Services Provider a red kite returns to Virtual Travel Expo for the second year in a row. The UK-based company, founded by husband and wife team Kevin and Jilly Brocklebank, is a Gold Partner at the Expo.
One Red Kite specializes in support services – data management, recruiting, and retail excellence – and aims to show potential customers the value of outsourcing tasks that could distract them from what they are doing. the best.
Kevin Brocklebank, Founder and CEO of One Red Kite, said: “At One Red Kite, we play a vital role in supporting global brands within the travel retail industry. This event is an innovative way for us to showcase our services and demonstrate how we have set the standard for industry best practice. We are also excited to have the opportunity to share our Diamond Model Recovery Plan which highlights a whole new perspective on reengineering travel retail for the new era of the ‘new normal’.
Or: Exhibition pavilion – Beauty & Well-being
- In an insightful and human presentation in the Experience arena (On Demand Day 3) on the theme ‘People Power – Recruitment for the Travel Retail Industry’, Jilly Brocklebank explains how the pandemic has changed the minds of people in the industry. In particular, their attitudes towards employment, in particular those who now find themselves without work without their being responsible for it. Brocklebank talks about his passion for the industry and his empathy for what everyone involved has been through since the COVID-19 strike, and what they are feeling now as the recovery accelerates.
- “I offer a recruiting service that specializes in our travel retail industry,” says Jilly Brocklebank in a short introductory clip to the One Red Kite virtual experience suite. “I’m ultimately passionate about finding great people and great talent to join your team. “
- In a separate video, Kevin Brocklebank says, “At One Red Kite, we know how to make data work really hard. We know how to analyze data from a retailer’s perspective and a brand perspective – and yes, it’s different. The data, however, is only part of the story. We can manage the existing customer experience, store layout, space allocation, range, pricing and promotions. We are different because we don’t think of a category – we think of an entire store and we understand the interdependencies between categories.
QATAR DUTY FREE & HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Qatar Duty Free is the in-house retailer of Hamad International Airport, recently voted the world’s best airport at the Skytrax Awards. The Qatar Airways-controlled retailer offers more than 40,000 square meters of combined shopping and dining, making Hamad International Airport a destination in itself. And there is much more to come with extremely exciting business developments planned both in the existing terminal and in the airport extension which is slated to open in 2022.
Or: Hamad International Airport (Autonomous Virtual Experience Zone)
- Where are we going to start? Visitors can click on impact Hamad International Airport Zone (see photo below) where they will be greeted by the Qatar Duty Free Vice President of Operations Thabet Musleh. They can take 360-degree tours of recent new openings, an exciting “ahead” preview and an exciting walk through the expansion of Hamad International Airport which is due to open in 2022. They can also watch a replay of an exciting climax for The QDF factor.
- Hear the generally candid and insightful opinions of His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, Managing Director of Qatar Airways Group in a captivating question-and-answer session with Moodie Davitt Report Chairman Martin Moodie (On Demand Day 1).
Commenting on the expansion of Qatar Duty Free, he highlights the recent opening of luxury avenue Viale di Lusso as one of the key retail projects of the year, as QDF celebrates 21 years of activity with 21 new openings. “We want to make the Qatar Duty Free experience second to none, and we have embarked on an expansion that will be completed in time for the FIFA World Cup in my country.
“We don’t just want to add stores and restaurants, we want to do it with style and quality. We want to innovate in the promotion of our duty free and our airport. Our airport is a place to spend time. People come three, four, five hours in advance to take advantage of the airport.
“We have to raise the bar. There is no slacking off in continuously improving the standards we have set, which have made us the best airport in the world. This [Skytrax] award]is a huge reward for the dedication of our employees.