With its 2020 event not having taken place, the International Health, Racquet and Sportclub Association (IHRSA) announced that its IHRSA 2021 event was celebrating the renewal of the fitness industry.
Based in Dallas, Texas, USA, the hybrid event, held October 13-15, hosted thousands of professionals from the health and fitness industry.
At what was the IHRSA’s 40th anniversary international convention and trade fair, for the first time ever, attendees were able to join in person or virtually to attend training sessions presented by experts from the industry, network, socialize with other fitness professionals and experience cutting edge fitness. industry equipment and technology in the exhibition hall.
Commenting on the success of the event, IHRSA President and CEO Liz Clark said, “It was great to meet so many industry leaders in person.
“They not only showed their commitment to the industry by being in Dallas, they came eager to learn and everyone greeted me with smiles and showed their sincere appreciation for all that the IHRSA has done. to help the industry recover. It was amazing to receive such a warm welcome and to experience firsthand what being part of the IHRSA family means to our members.
Achievements IHRSA 2021
• Despite numerous travel restrictions, nearly 4,000 health club operators, suppliers and professionals from the fitness industry have traveled to Dallas to attend IHRSA 2021 in person.
• The trade show, with 220 exhibitors, showcased a host of new products, services and solutions throughout the two days of the trade show and morning workouts. Exhibitors were happy with the turnout and consistently emphasized the high quality conversations with key decision makers and buyers.
• Participants had access to over 100 training sessions, networking opportunities, exercise classes and, new this year, IHRSA, SPARK skills workshops! Sessions and special events like Talks & Takes, sponsored by ABC Fitness Solutions, and the IHRSA think tank.
• People were excited to share their experience on social media, posts tagging IHRSA and using # IHRSA2021 received over 110,000 impressions on social media, reaching nearly 75,000 people.
• Keynote presentations by Diana Kander (sponsored by ABC Fitness Solutions), Dr Kenneth Cooper (sponsored by MXMetrics) and Scott Stratten (sponsored by Matrix Fitness) were broadcast live.
• The 12th Annual IHRSA Women’s Leadership Summit (sponsored by Club Automation, Motionsoft and CSI Spectrum) was moderated by Tiffany VanDeMark, Founder and CEO of VanDeMark Partners.
• The IHRSA Foundation VIP Reception (sponsored by Glofox, NASM / AFAA and Welld Health) brought together the IHRSA Board of Directors and many industry leaders to network and learn about the many important projects that the IHRSA Foundation has been launched over the past two years.
• The IHRSA’s annual financial panel, moderated by Rick Caro, focused on a financial perspective on the return of the fitness industry and featured a distinguished panel of Wall Street experts.
2021 award recipient
The IHRSA debuted with the Jim Worthington Lawyer of the Year award at IHRSA 2021. After the impact of the pandemic, advocacy and public policy are now, rightly, in the spotlight. vanguard of the IHRSA and its advocacy arm, the National Health & Fitness Alliance. This new annual award recognizes someone who sacrifices themselves and takes risks to defend the fitness industry and keep the fight going. This year, IHRSA honored the man who inspired the creation of this award, Jim Worthington of Newtown Athletic Club in Pennsylvania, USA.
The IHRSA 2022 will take place from June 22-24 of next year in Miami, Florida, United States.
Click here for event details for IHRSA 2022 in the Australian Leisure Management Industry calendar.
Images: Newly appointed IHRSA President and CEO Liz Clark addressed the more than 3,600 attendees in person and online on the first day of IHRSA 2021 (top) and hall stages exposure (middle and bottom).
October 20, 2021 – 2021 Global Report Reveals Key Trends in New Fitness Landscape
October 18, 2021 – New Virtual Fitness Business Resource Center Helps Industry Decision Makers
October 15, 2021 – Body Fit Training Expands Into the United States with Sale of $ 60 Million of Intellectual Property to Xponential Fitness
October 15, 2021 – On 10th Anniversary, FitnessOnDemand Launches New Live Streaming Feature
October 7, 2021 – Les Mills launches new omnichannel fitness platform
October 7, 2021 – Exerp explains the inclusion of government mandates in the process of reopening fitness clubs
October 6, 2021 – The Women in Fitness association announces the first graduates of the academies
October 2, 2021 – New Zealand Fitness Leaders Appointed to IHRSA Global Health and Fitness Council
September 12, 2021 – How confident can fitness companies be in AI predictions?
September 3, 2021 – World Economic Forum study identifies fitness as the most popular physical activity in the world
September 2, 2021 – IHRSA to partner with Australia’s summit of fitness and leisure industry technology
September 2, 2021 – World Wellness Summit reports increase in visits to fitness centers and wellness destinations
September 9, 2021 – New Les Mills Global Fitness Report Suggests Members Ready to ‘Flock’ to Facilities
August 30, 2021 – The IHRSA 2021 convention becomes hybrid
April 8, 2021 – EuropeActive, FIBO Global Fitness and Questex / Sibec form 2021 partnership
July 16, 2021 – New York Stock Exchange listing sees F45 valued at over US $ 1.5 billion
Aug 11, 2021 – IHRSA and Mindbody Collaborate to Support Fitness Studio Operators
June 12, 2021 – IHRSA appoints its first female CEO
June 8, 2021 – ChinaFit and IHRSA unveil strategic partnership
May 18, 2021 – IHRSA announces strategic partnership with MedFit Education Foundation
May 12, 2021 – Announcement of a strategic partnership for SCW Fitness Education and IHRSA
May 3, 2021 – IHRSA shares updates on US GYMS law
November 22, 2020 – IHRSA survey sheds light on user feelings about essential role of fitness clubs
April 27, 2020 – Launch of the Global Fitness Business Women’s Leaders virtual event
March 6, 2020 – IHRSA Publication Seeks Fitness Industry Support for Global Goals
January 22, 2020 – SportsArt named IHRSA Associate Member of the Year 2020
Ask for a little favor
We hope you enjoy the news we publish so while you are here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish on www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free to you, with no pay walls or annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask you to support us by subscribing to the print version? Australian Leisure Management magazine – if you don’t already.
Published bimonthly since 1997, the print Australian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical articles covering water sports, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and management sites.
Subscriptions cost just $ 90 per year.
Click here register.